6 year old male neutered Chihuahua with chronic cough that has not responded to therapy. What are your radiographic findings?
There is a severe, diffuse bronchial pattern throughout the lungs. The bronchial walls are thickened and do not taper appropriately in the periphery. There is alveolar pattern in the dependent portion of the right middle lung lobe, and interstitial to alveolar pattern in the dependent left cranial lung lobe. The cardiovascular structures are normal in size. There is a mild redundant tracheal membrane. The portion of the abdomen included is normal.
- Bronchitis with bronchiectasis (bacterial, eosinophilic)
- Secondary pneumonia or fibrosis ventrally
- Eosinophilic bronchopneumopathy
- Peripheral and airway eosinophilia
- The cough resolved with antibiotic therapy, nebulization, and oral prednisone.